Seminars / Conferences : HOME
Multi -Stakeholders Consultation on
Plastics Packaging & "Single Use Plastics” : Dated : 04/04/2019 - Delhi
Government of India has pledged to eliminate use of “Single Use Plastics” by 2022. To facilitate the process of developing a broad consensus of multiple stakeholders on the issue and assist regulatory authorities in evolving a pragmatic road map,ICPE had organizing a Multi Stakeholders’ Consultation at India International Centre Annex, New Delhi on Thursday, the 4th April, 2019.
Points for Deliberation were:
- Clarity on what constitutes Single Use Plastics.
- Impact on packaging industry – Brand owners, retailers and consumers
- Alternatives to Single Use Plastics – Viability, technical feasibility and environmental compatibility.
- Impact on industry, consumer and environment by the use of proposed alternatives.
- Opportunities – Innovation, new materials, packaging design, circular economy.
- Role of stake holders particularly plastic industry to face the challenge.
- Suitability of time line for India for the proposed change
Preliminary report (to be updated) contains two presentations.
Dr. R.S. Sodhi M.D. GCMMF(AMUL), Anand, Gujarat
Dr. Ms. Almitra Patel, Member, Supreme Court Committee for SWM